Thursday, June 12, 2008

Acrostic Poem:


Sophisticated
Tender
Erudite
Philosopher
Hermit
Affectionate
 Negligent(day dreamer)
     Intellectual 
    Exceptional



I am:
I am the moon shining light to the darkest of path, making reason with others doubts
I am the sea that hold so much life in it,
 filled with the excitement of a new adventure
I am a life yet to live so much more

I am the wind that speaks my thoughts in whispers
I am a sophisticated philosopher living hermitlike in the deepest of all forest
I am but a girl trying to solve the unsolvable dreads of life

I am forever lost in the fog, for…
I am a negligent daydreamer who savors questioning reality
I am outer space and it’s endless vast of unknown mystery


I am daring, weird, and exceptional
I am unique and receptiveI am a philosopher, an observer, always looking for answers...
synthesizing them into my own life
I am…the voice lost within the shadows



I am not:

I am not the sun, that brings light to all matters
I am not the summer, that cast endless laughter
I am not unfortunately the best person to make you smile

I am not a voice of rumors
I am not gossip lover
I am not intrigued by false opinions
 and less on false accuse 


I am not the sleeping owl
I am not the slowing turtle
I am not at any rate less eager and excited

I am not the fighting fox
I am not the poisoned serpent
I am not a violence lover or a conflict maker


Summer Plans:
My plans for after Richard Merkin middle school are to go ahead and attend Gertz Ressler high school. In fact, on Saturday the 7, all the people attending had to take an exam to see where they would be placed. I hope I did well. I also might apply to a boarding school for eleventh and twelve grade, only if I think it would be more convenient. Then there is also the slight possibility I might move to Washington because it would benefit my
 family. Most likely though that I will attend all four years in Gertz or at least try to.

Upon going to Gertz, I will join the soccer team, because it is a sport, I passionately love. A club I would be interested in becoming a part of would be journalism, but then again I am not so sure. Something I am excited about for high school classes is taking art class because aside from poetry and writing, art is what I would also enjoy to do during leisure time. I want to join SBA (Saturday Business Academy) and college match (when I am eligible) because they are two programs that will help me choose the right college for me. I know this for a fact because my sister went to both and is now a Bryn Mawr student.

Not only that, but the truth is that I have become accustom to my small school and all the support given to us at Richard Merkin. That is one of the reasons; I don’t want to go to my home school, Manuel Arts. Gertz in the other hand like, my middle school is very small; the teachers are supportive and helpful. This is because they are both part of the college ready alliance which is established to be this way. However, the languages taught there are only Spanish and English. Knowing both, I feel capable of understanding other languages. For that, hopefully I will take other courses aside from the ones given in that school, to learn other languages.

For summer, I will attend two weeks of summer school, because it is a requirement from Gertz. (In addition, on July 8 I’ll wish a very special friend/pirate a happy birthday.) Aside from those two weeks of school I will try, my best to spend quality time with my sister because she is going of to college on August 26. Therefore, I only have so much time left with her before she leaves. Most likely, we will spend a month, maybe more maybe less, in Washington to see my nephew who is probably 6 months. I want to see him so badly, because he is just about the most adorable thing in my life. The last time I saw him he was turning 3 months, and well you can guess that three months later, I’m dying to see him again.
After spending so much time with my nephew and I am pleased with the time I spend with him, we will hit the road and come back to what I guess I should call home. (The down side) Then I will say my farewells (August 24) to the light of my life, to the joy in each day, and the hope of each goal. Let my sister slip away into the world yet left for her to live, and for her to go to Bryn Mawr College. (The bright side) she’ll come visit when she can, and the fact being that she will be older and gone for longer, will only make her spoil me more when she does come visit. (Down side again) Unfortunately, she will not be here for my birthday (September 3).
-Stephanie M.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ur a very good writer, im jealous, no i'm kidding (about the jealous part) but i do like the way u express ur thoughts, & feelings.

Spike Fades said...

hey you forgot to put im cesar's and im loved by him